Well, hello there creative soul!
I’m Robyn Petrik - a writer, artist, and creativity enthusiast from Vancouver.
I’ve always enjoyed creative hobbies. When I was a kid, it was friendship bracelets and sewing scrunchies. As I got older, it was crocheting, making handmade books, and decorating cakes. Now, I do digital hand lettering and abstract painting. But through the years, writing has always been my favourite creative outlet and my most consistent one.
In 2014, I started completing more writing courses, taking on freelance writing jobs in my spare time, and saving money. At the of end of the year, I decided to take the big leap to freelancing full-time!
I love writing something new for my clients every day because it feels like a mini-adventure. I'm also currently creating art prints that combine my writing and digital painting, which you can purchase and download in my Etsy shop.
Fun things to know about me:
- I'm an obsessive reader and I'll never catch up on my 'To Be Read' list. There are currently 30 books waiting for me on my Kindle and 342 books on my To-Read shelf on Goodreads.
- I love baking and decorating cupcakes. My favourite flavour combo is chocolate cupcakes with Oreo buttercream, but PB&J cupcakes are pretty high up on my list too.
- I'm a tea addict, though mostly in the winter. I always have a dozen different kinds in the cupboard, but my favourite is Birthday Cake Rooibos.
- I went skydiving in 2012, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. If your friends ever ask you to jump out of a plane at 13,000 feet with them, DO IT.
- I have two tattoos; one on my wrist with the words 'always write' on a watercolour background, and one of an orca (my favourite animal) on my ankle.
- I've had a massive crush on words since I was thirteen. You can check out my poetry, read the blog, or borrow my writing powers for your own projects.