Well, hello there creative soul!
I’m Robyn Petrik, a writer, artist, and creativity enthusiast from Vancouver, BC. I’ve always enjoyed creative hobbies. When I was a kid, it was friendship bracelets and sewing scrunchies. As I got older, I started crocheting, making handmade books, and decorating cakes. Now, I'm experimenting with handlettering and digital painting. But through the years, writing has always been my favourite creative outlet and my most consistent one.
In 2014, I started completing more writing courses, taking on freelance writing jobs in my spare time, and saving money. At the of end of the year, I decided to take the big leap to freelancing full-time!
Now I’m crafting the life I’ve always wanted for myself - a life full of adventure and creating something every day. Don't get me wrong - it’s full of trial and error, but that’s half the fun. I'm currently creating art prints that combine my writing and digital painting, which you can purchase and download in my Etsy shop.
Fun things to know about me:
- I'm an obsessive reader. I love young adult novels and I don't think I'm physically capable of leaving the house without a book or an eBook to read.
- I love baking and decorating cupcakes. My favourite flavour combo is chocolate cupcakes with Oreo buttercream, but PB&J cupcakes are pretty high up on the list lately too.
- I'm a tea addict. I have at least a dozen different kinds right now, but my favourite is Birthday Cake Rooibos.
- I went skydiving in 2012, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. If your friends ever ask you to jump out of a plane at 13,000 feet with them, DO IT.
- I have two tattoos; one on my wrist with the words 'always write' on a watercolour background, and one of an orca (my favourite animal) on my ankle.
- I've had a massive crush on words since I was thirteen. You can check out my poetry, read the blog, or borrow my writing powers for your own projects.